A vibrant community, a safe environment and friendly people together with good quality housing, attractive leisure facilities, good health and education facilities and an expansive range of leisure activities all combine to make Castlebar an exciting place to live.
Castlebar has all of these attributes in abundance. Examples include:
- High quality housing developments, Well-maintained housing estates and streetscapes, Community and District Resident Associations, Youth Centres, Men’s sheds, Active Retirement Groups. Award-winning Tidy Towns Team.
- University Hospital, Primary Care Centre, three nursing homes, Mayo Roscommon Hospice facility, Private Doctor and Dentist Practices.
- 3rd-level education GMIT Campus, three 2nd-level schools, 10 national schools, Educate Together, a Gaelscoil and Adult Education facilities.
- New, 8-lane, 25-metre swimming pool, Boxing Centre of Excellence, Tennis Dome, McHale Park (GAA) Milebush and Celtic Park (Soccer). Rugby grounds. A further 10 GAA and Soccer grounds are available as part of the town’s hinterland.
- 10KM Greenway including Lough Lannagh.
- 18-hole Parkland Golf Course.
- Retail multiples and local shops including artisan foods, pubs and restaurants.
- Home to former Thaoisig, EU Commissioner, Ministers, Seanad Cathaoirleach, Inventor – Louis Brennan, Soprano – Margaret Burke-Sheridan, Internationally, acclaimed writer – Sally Rooney and Jewellery Designer – Nigel O’Reilly.
- Arts Centre, TF Royal Theatre (second largest in country – outside Dublin). Connaught Telegraph is the oldest newspaper in the country.
- Family Centre for counselling services, Western Care, and Church/Faith-led support charities.
Of course, you know all this already as you live here, but maybe you are evaluating a move so now you have every reason why Castlebar should be your top number one choice.